Monday, June 20, 2011

You've Got to Do It All

More often then not you will hear that you won't ever look as good now as you did at Seventeen- but what if you didn't look that good at Seventeen to begin with? What if you carried extra weight around? What if (gasp) you had cystic acne? Worst yet, what if you did look good? What if you were a gosh darn Caroline Mulford (Sixteen Candles people- Keep Up!) and now after a few kids and a few more years as a devoted spouse you think you carry more of a Grandma Dorthy vibe- Is it true? Are we destined to ride into the sunset trapped within Billie Bird's body? To increasingly become run down, saggy and soft? Heck no people! I can say this because honestly I look better today at 30 then I did at 17. Not that I was bad looking at 17 (despite the cystic acne and the extra weight) but I was definitely not the fox I am now- oh yeah, I said it- Total. Fox. And I am a mother of two! The Key is this, You have to eat right, you have to do some sort of resistance training and you have to sweat... Every Day. Let's all say it again... EVERY DAY. Are you going to slip up... of course. But the fact of the matter is that you have to commit to getting back on track. Every. Single. Day. There is no one magic fix to looking good after 30. You have to work every part of your body. A smaller waist does not come from sit ups... It comes from challenging yourself. It comes from interval training, core exercises, circuits, yoga and polymetrics. It comes from putting a rockin' play list on your ipod and pushing yourself. It comes from using the picnic table next door as your own personal gym. It comes from putting down those 5 or 8 pound weights and trying the 10 or 15's. It comes from trying those scary looking kettle bells at the gym. It comes from asking that woman using the kettle bells at the gym just how to use them. It comes from having a dialogue about being healthy with your family. It comes from limiting your sodium intake and taking fish oil supplements. I comes from looking in the mirror and saying "I know you're in there somewhere Caroline, and I am going to pull you out kicking and screaming if I have to!"  You are a stone cold fox. Sit down, think about what you want, make a plan and get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment